Briefer (courtesy of NAPC)

SALINTUBIG Program (Sagana at Ligtas na Tubig sa Lahat)

The Program is the Aquino Government’s response to the lack of access to sufficient and safe water supply. It will be implemented until 2016.

BACKGROUND. The Annual Poverty Indicators Survey (APIS) conducted by NSO in 2008 revealed that the population with access to safe drinking water and sanitary toilet facilities has increased. The proportion of population with clean and safe sources of water supply increased from 73.8% in 1991 to 81.4% in 2008. The remaining 18.6 percent of population obtained their water from sources that are considered unsafe such as unprotected well, developed spring, undeveloped spring, river, stream, pond, lake or dam, rainwater, tanker truck or peddler, among others. The proportion of Filipinos with access to sanitary toilet facilities likewise increased from 71.8% in 1991 to 88.6% in 2008. (MDG Progress Report, 2010)..... READ FULL TEXT

 


Government links

Corporate Social Responsibility

Corporate Social Responsibility

Videos

Videos

Photo Gallery

NOTE: page under construction


Designed and maintained by the LWUA Public Affairs Department
2014