Board of Trustees
USec Maria Catalina E. Cabral
Undersecretary for Planning & PPP, Department of Public Works and Highways
Official alternate of DPWH Secretary Hon. Mark A. Villar
If there is a model for “woman power” in an organization dominated by male officials and employees, it is Dr. MARIA CATALINA E. CABRAL, the first female rank and file employee who has reached the level of Undersecretary in the hierarchy of officials in the Department of Public Works and Highways.
A firm believer of her mantra of 4Gs: Growth, Governance, Green and Gender, Dr. Cabral was able to reach the second highest position in the Department through sheer hard work, determination and perseverance.
A licensed Civil Engineer, Dr. Cabral has three (3) Masters Degrees and two (2) Doctorate Degrees in the field of Business Management, Economics and Public Administration. And at present she is taking another Doctorate Degree for Urban and Regional Planning at the University of the Philippines.
She has attended several local and international scholarships and trainings, and is a frequently invited as resource speaker here and abroad.
As Undersecretary for Planning and Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Service, Dr. Cabral is in-charge of overseeing the development of strategic and priority plans and programs of the Department including implementation of PPP projects.
She is the 2017 National President and first female highest leader of the Philippine Institute of Civil Engineers (PICE), and an active member of Road Engineering Association of the Philippines (REAP) and the American Society for Civil Engineers-Philippine Group.
The Undersecretary for Planning and Public-Private Partnership Service. The Legislative Liaison Staff shall also be under her direct supervision.
- DPWH Principal Representative to the Presidential Agrarian Reform Council (PARC) and its Executive Committee and to the Technical Committee
- DPWH Representative to the Philippine Economic Zone Authority Board.
- DPWH Principal Representative to the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board of Commissioners.
- DPWH Representative to the National Housing Authority Board
- DPWH Alternate Representative to the National Solid Waste Management Commission (NSWMC)
- DPWH Alternate Representative to the Local Water Utilities Administration (LWUA) Board
- Chairperson, DPWH Committee on Gender and Development (COGAD)
- DPWH Focal Person for the Development of National Baselines
- DPWH Representative to the Technology Resource Center Board of Trustees.
- DPWH Principal Representative to the Light Rail Transit Authority (LRTA) Board of Directors
Text and photo from http://www.dpwh.gov.ph/dpwh/org-chart/secretaries/USEC_Planning_and_PPP